DO YOU HAVE A FRUIT FEAR?
Have you been told do not eat that banana or that pineapple because it has too much sugar? Lately, I have been seeing SO much on social media about “the fruit fear” and I felt like it would be a perfect blog. A lot of people deal with this fruit fear so they stay away from all fruit. The issue I have with this is many people choose to eat processed foods, or artificial sweeteners, yet stay away from something that is natural. Am I saying you should sit down and eat a whole container of pineapple in one sitting? No. What I am saying is fruit is amazing…it is natures candy and it should be enjoyed. There are so many different health benefits to each different fruit. The living enzymes and fiber are also extremely healthy for digestion and for the gut. If you avoid fruit all together you are really missing out.
You can also pair fruit with a fat such as a nut-butter or some nuts. This will help slow down the absorption of the fruit. A great way to get your fruit in is to make a smoothie! Smoothies are an amazing on the go breakfast and can be super filling and nourishing.
Top 5 health benefits to eating fruit:
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Eating foods such as fruits that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
If you are looking for a smoothie recipe, check out my blog for Bella!
So go enjoy some fruit! What are your favorites? Leave comments!