ROASTED CARROT WHITE BEAN AND TAHINI SOUP
Maybe you need a break from meat, or maybe you don't eat meat at all. Whatever it is, this soup will be sure to nourish you! Beans definitely can play a role in your diet, although they are difficult to digest for most. You can try buying the bean dried and then soaking them overnight. The next day, rinse them off and cook them! If you can digest them without an issue then beans can be a good break from animal protein.
18 carrots (medium, peeled and roughly chopped)
2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
3 stalks celery (chopped)
4 garlic (cloves, minced)
4 cups organic vegetable broth
2 cups white navy beans (cooked, drained and rinsed)
1 tsp. turmeric
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1) preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) in a large bowl, toss the chopped carrots with half of the olive oil. Spread them over the baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
3) in a large pot, heat the rest of the olive oil. Add the onion and celery, cook for 7-10 minutes or until softened. Then add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
4) add the roasted carrots, vegetable broth, white beans, turmeric, and tahini into the pot. Use an immersion blender to puree until completely smooth. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
5) divide between bowls and enjoy!