PROTEIN GINGERBREAD COOKIES
What did I just say? YUP! I figured holiday season is here and you will be indulging in some cookies. Why not make them a little healthier and get some protein while you are at it?! Enjoy the holidays with these babies!
1 1/4 almond flour
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 tbsps. coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1) preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) combine almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the syrup and egg.
3) add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
4) generously dust a flat surface, a rolling pin and cookie cutter with tapioca flour. Roll out the dough and cut out the shapes
5) bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!