APPLES AND GRANOLA..HAPPY FALL!
Apples are in season, but what to do with them? Hmmm...you can always bake them and put granola with them! YAY...problem solved! Apples are a great snack because they have a lot of fiber, which helps you stay full longer. Granny Smith are my ABSOLUTE favorites, but any kind has amazing health benefits! Check this recipe out, it will definitely hit the spot!
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3/4 tsp. maple syrup (divided)
- 3 tbsps. granola
- 3/4 tsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 apple (medium, cored, leaving 1/2 inch at the bottom)
1) In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, water and half the maple syrup. Add mixture to the slow cooker and set to high.
2) In the same bowl, combine granola, coconut oil, cinnamon and remainder of maple syrup. Mix well. Fill the apples with the granola filling and set aside any leftovers.
3) Add apples to the slow cooker and cook for 2 hours, or until the apples are soft.
4) Top with any leftover granola before serving. Enjoy!