5 NUTRIENT PACKED ADD ONS THAT WILL COMPLETE YOUR SMOOTHIE
smoothies can be jam packed with nutrients if made right. It can even be a really good go to breakfast. There are a lot of different ways to make a smoothie, but here are some healthy add in ideas to make your next smoothie that much better!
1) chia seeds: love these! You can sprinkle these on anything. Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3 fatty aids, fiber and protein
2) hemp seeds: another seed that can be sprinkled on just about anything to add more nutrition to your drink or meal. Hemp seeds also contain a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium and protein. They definitly add a great flavor as well
3) almond butter: ever hear of that nut butter addiction? Well, it's a real thing! Almond butter tastes great and can be added into your smoothie for added health benefits. Almond butter has been known to lower cholesterol, it also contains antioxidants, protein and fiber! Almond butter can also help you stay full for longer.
4) spinach: if you have a hard time getting your veggies in then adding spinach to your smoothies can be beneficial. It's the perfect way to start your day!
5) protein powder: if this is your breakfast, a plant based protein powder might be a good idea. Starting your day with protein and a healthy fat will satiate you and keep you full for longer. My favorite brand is Vega Sport and can be found almost anywhere!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBSP. chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup water or almond milk
1) blend and enjoy!